Almond Molasses Crinkle Cookies
Recipe developed and photographed by Sara Ayesh of White Kitchen Red Wine
Dipping our toe into the fall and holiday flavors, these almond crinkle cookies are the perfect afternoon or after-dinner treat! Made with almond flour and dark molasses, the flavor is out of this world! The chewy texture is enhanced by none other than a big scoop of JOI Almond base!
Molasses cookies are an excellent holiday cookie to have on hand. From September through December the warming spices are totally in season and are sure to brighten up any afternoon cup of coffee or dessert table. By using JOI Almond base in these cookies they stay incredibly moist and fluffy!
Dark molasses is a sweetener that gives incredible deep flavor and an amazing brown color. To achieve our “crinkle” look we sprinkle the outside with a little coconut sugar and roll it in arrowroot starch. It has no flavor but adds to the look of the crinkle (although is totally optional!).
1 1/2 cups almond flour
¼ cup coconut sugar
¼ cup molasses
½ cup JOI almond base
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp ginger
1 tsp nutmeg
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1 egg or flax egg
Pinch of salt
½ cup arrowroot starch
½ cup coconut sugar
- In a bowl of a stand mixer combine all ingredients (except the optional toppings.)
- Mix on low until combined.
- Place mix in refrigerator for 10 minutes.
- Scoop using 2- inch cookie scoop, form into balls and roll in the toppings if desired!
- Set balls on a baking sheet 2 inches apart and bBake at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes.
- Enjoy with a glass of JOI Almond milk!