JOI is one versatile nutbase. She's locking in all of the flavors and textures to make this granola next-level nutty and crisp. And, in the time it takes you to read all the ingredients from your store-bought nut milk, a cup of our homemade nut milk will have already been poured over this bowl of granola... Some would call that magic. We just call it JOI.
Inspired by @thefirstmess
Makes about 5 cups
What's in it:
- 1 cup oats
- 1/2 cup JOI almond base
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/3 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 cups sliced almonds
- 1 cup shredded coconut flakes
- 1/2 cup raw sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup raw sesame seeds
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, whisk together JOI, maple syrup, coconut oil, cocoa powder, vanilla, salt, and cinnamon. Once the mixture is smooth and fully incorporated, add the almonds, oats, coconut shreds, and sunflower seeds. Mix until evenly dispersed and coated.
- Spread the granola out evenly amongst the two baking sheets. Try to maintain a balance between larger clusters of granola and smaller lone granola bits.
- Place the baking sheets into the oven and bake for 30-35 minutes. At about halfway, gently toss the granola.
- Remove from the oven and let the granola cool completely. Some of the granola chunks may appear soft and undercooked at first but allowing them to cool completely will let them crisp up.