Creamy Avocado Sauce Makes Pasta Or Crudités Next Level Good
Misery is the day when you pick up that beautiful avocado that you bought two days ago, only to find that it's gone all soft and squishy on you. Solution? Throw it in a blender and make a pasta sauce! Inspired by the food blog Oh She Glows, here's a great recipe for avocado pasta sauce made with JOI that's so simple, even your kids could make it. Seriously though - let's give them something to do while you have some well-deserved me-time...
[[ recipeID=recipe-8kjk5xbib, title=Creamy Avocado Sauce ]]
Creamy Avocado Sauce
Keywords: Vegan, Creamy, Avocado, Sauce
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 12 mins
- Total Time: 17 mins
- 2 Tablespoons JOI Cashew Base
- 1 ½ Avocados (pitted)
- ½ Lemon, juice + zest
- 2 Cloves Garlic
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup Basil (or any herb of your choice)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- ½ piece ginger (optional)
- Place all ingredients in blender or food process. Process until smooth and creamy.
- Adjust seasonings (salt, pepper, lemon juice) to taste. Add water by the tablespoon to loosen if too thick as a sauce.
- Toss with pasta (add veggies such as steamed peas or broccoli) or serve with crudités