Mar 4, 2020| By JOI team
Almond-Base | Cashew-Base | Dairy-Free | Dinner | Keto | Lunch | Recipe | Snack | Soup | Sugar-Free | Vegan | Vegetarian |
Pea Soup with Mint
1 cup water
- 3 Tablespoons JOI plant base (cashew or almond)
- 1 cup vegetable stock
- 1 16 ounce bag of frozen peas (or 16 ounces of fresh, shelled blanched peas)
- ½ cup mint, dill, or cilantro, or a combination thereof (generously packed)
- 3 green onions, ends trimmed and cut into segments
- 1 clove garlic
- ½ lime, juice of
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Pepper to taste
- 1/2 inch piece of fresh ginger (optional)
Add all ingredients to a high spped blender, and blend on highest setting until smooth.
- Taste for seasoning and adjust if necessary, add water to thin if you wish.
- EnJOI chilled or warm up over low heat in a pot.
21 Healthy Back to School Recipes Kids Will Love
Collectively, we here at Team JOI have 10 kids ranging from age 0 to 15. These are some of our favorite dishes we'll be making as our kids get Back to School. From breakfast to dessert and snacks in between, there is something for everyone in your house.
5 Common Plant Milk Additives And Why You Should Avoid Them
If you’re trying to eat a more wholesome and nutritious diet, unnatural ingredients simply don’t belong. So read on. We’ve looked at several brands of almond milk, oat milk, coconut milk, and soy milk, and put together a list of the most common food additives in plant milks and why you should avoid them.
A Dietitian’s Guide To Eating More Sustainably
Are you trying to do better for the planet? Lea...
4 Things That Set JOI Nutbase Apart from Nut Butters—And Make for a Better Nut Milk
Let’s take a look at four things that set JOI nutbases apart from nut butters—and why JOI is better to make, better to drink, and better for you.