Raspberry & Apricot Jam Almond Thumbprint Cookies
Who doesn't love a good cookie during the holidays? We adapted this recipe from the fantastic blog Oh She Glows. We added JOI in all the right places and the results are...well, try for yourself with this easy, delicious recipe that will be in your rotation every year (or month).
YIELD: 18 cookies
What's in it:
1½ cups almond meal
¼ cups flour (all purpose, OR gluten free (such as rice flour), or any comparable substitute)
2 TB ground flax seeds
¼ tsp + 1/8 tsp fine grain sea salt
1 tsp + 1/8 tsp baking powder
½ cup JOI almond nutbase
¼ cup + 3 TB maple syrup
½ tsp almond extract
1/3 cup shredded coconut, for rolling
5 - 6 TB raspberry, apricot or other jam of choice
How it's made:
- Preheat oven to 350F and prepare a large baking sheet with oil, a silpat mat or parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients (almond meal, flour, ground flax, salt, and baking powder), breaking up any clumps with your fingers.
- In a smaller bowl, mix together the JOI, maple syrup, and almond extract until well combined. Add wet mixture to dry mixture and stir until combined.
- Scoop approximately 1 1/2 TB of dough and roll into balls. If dough is too sticky, place in the fridge for 15-20 minutes to firm up.
- Roll balls in shredded coconut. Place balls of dough about 1.5-2 inches apart on the baking sheet.
- With your thumb, press into the middle of the ball and shape a small well with your fingers.
- Add about 1 tsp of jam into each well.
- Bake at 350F for 10-12 minutes, watching closely after 9 minutes.
- Cool on sheet for 5 minutes and then transfer to a cooling rack. enJOI!
[[ recipeID=recipe-8kkcwal9q, title=Raspberry & Apricot Jam Almond Thumbprint Cookies ]]