Pumpkin White Russian (Dairy-Free)
Oct 19, 2021| By JOI team
Pumpkin White Russian (Dairy-Free)
Almond-Base | Beverage | Cashew-Base | Creamer-Base | Dairy-Free | Dessert | Gluten-Free | Oat-Powder | Recipe | Vegan | Vegetarian |
Want to enjoy a super indulgent adult beverage that combines fall flavors with a classic white russian, one of the best after-dinner drinks around? Introducing the JOI Pumpkin Spice White Russian. Creamy and flavored with the best taste of fall... pumpkin!
This Recipe is Simple and Easy to Make!
This drink (or is it a liquid dessert?!) is easy to put together. Just pour the spiked pumpkin mixture (the "base") over ice and top it with JOI milk. You'll be toasting in no time.
First things first. Putting together the pumpkin base of this drink is very simple. Chances are you have all of these staples already stocked in your pantry and liquor cabinet.
Just blend up a couple of scoops of pumpkin puree, pumpkin pie spice, vodka, coffee liquor, and JOI plant base. The JOI gives this drink (so good you can call it dessert) an ultra creamy texture and adds to the richness of the experience.
After blending all of that together, simply pour the spiked pumpkin base over a glass filled with extra creamy JOI milk. The swirling of the two liquids creates a beautiful presentation. Add a cinnamon stick if you're feeling fancy. This is the perfect fall drink to enjoy cozied up after dinner!
This Recipe is Customizable!
Use the baseline recipe below and then go nuts and make it your own! Here are a few ideas to get you started:
- Make it a Virgin: Skip the spirits and make it a non-alcoholic drink instead! Just add a little more milk or coffee to replace the vodka and coffee liqueur. And try adding some maple syrup to replace the sweetness lost from removing the liqueur.
- Skip the Pumpkin: No pumpkin puree? No problem. Swap sweet potato puree or butternut squash puree instead.
- A Tropical Twist: Swap out the vodka and coffee liqueur for an equal amount of coconut rum and top with coconut whipped cream. Make your own whipped topping by blending the coconut cream from the top of a can of coconut milk with a bit of powdered sugar.
- Frozé it: Instead of pouring over ice, blend the base and milk with the ice and enjoy a frappé instead.
2 ounces vodka
2 ounces coffee liqueur
3 Tablespoons pumpkin puree
3 Tablespoons JOI plant base (cashew, almond, creamer or oat)
1½ teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
1 cup pre-prepared JOI milk (cashew milk, almond milk, creamer or oat milk) (divided)
1 - 2 Tablespoons maple syrup (optional), or substitute honey, date syrup, agave or sweetener of choice
Whipped cream, to top (optional)
- Prepare the JOI milk per package instructions, making it extra creamy.
- In a blender cup combine the vodka, coffee liquor, pumpkin puree, JOI plant base, pumpkin spice and maple syrup (if using for extra sweetness). Blend until creamy, at least 30 seconds.
- Fill 2 glasses with ice. Pour ½ cup of the JOI milk into each glass, then pour over half of the the pumpkin liqueur in each glass. Gently stir and serve with a cinnamon stick. Top with dairy-free whipped cream, if using. Enjoy!
Recipe developed and photographed by Sara Ayesh of White Kitchen Red Wine
[[ recipeID=recipe-8kkfmpi4x, title=Spice Up The Fall With This Pumpkin White Russian ]]
5 Common Plant Milk Additives And Why You Should Avoid Them
If you’re trying to eat a more wholesome and nutritious diet, unnatural ingredients simply don’t belong. So read on. We’ve looked at several brands of almond milk, oat milk, coconut milk, and soy milk, and put together a list of the most common food additives in plant milks and why you should avoid them.
Matcha Green Smoothie: Goodness Made Easy
Smoothies are part of that magical food group: the one that you can enjoy any time of the day, for any meal...from a healthy breakfast to even dessert. This matcha smoothie recipe features a combination of spring fruit, vegetable and herbs for restoration and renewal. Plus that magic dusting of matcha for that extra antioxidant, anti-inflammatory and caffeine boost!
6 Recipes for a Vegan-Friendly Cinco de Mayo Celebration
Over the past few years, we here at JOI have made it somewhat of a personal mission to bring out the best of traditional flavors in healthier, dairy-free, and vegan-friendly formats. The fruits of all this hard work? A truly tasty vegan Cinco de Mayo recipe spread to spice up any fiesta! From dips to dessert, we've got you sorted.
Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup (Vegan, Dairy-Free)
Is there anything that brings back childhood memories like a warm bowl of tomato soup? It’s nostalgic for many and now you can have a delicious tomato tortellini soup right in your own kitchen! It’s the perfect bowl for dinner or a quick lunch and JOI makes the soup extra creamy.