Vegan Cashew Pesto Flatbread with White Beans & Kale
Looking for a semi-homemade appetizer to bring to your next get together? Or maybe you are crunched for time and you need a quick dinner? This Pesto Flatbread is just the answer. It’s savory and satisfying with a creamy quick pesto sauce using JOI cashew base.
By stirring together a couple of tablespoons of water and your JOI Cashew, you can create a thick and creamy sauce very quickly! Add in a couple of scoops of your favorite jarred pesto and you’ve got yourself one of the best darn pizza sauces you’ve ever had!
To add some extra flavor we are topping this flatbread with chopped kale and creamy white northern beans. The beans and cashew pesto give the flatbread an incredible creamy quality that pairs nicely with the earthy kale. Top with a bit of red pepper flakes and you are done.
It’s a nice way to serve something that takes no time to make but looks very impressive. Slice it up and serve to guests, your family, or a treat to yourself!
- Pre made flatbread
- 2 tablespoons of your favorite pesto (see our quick version below!)
- 2 tablespoons JOI Cashew
- 2 tablespoons of water
- ¼ cup White Northern Beans
- ½ cup chopped kale
- Pinch of salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes
- Preheat your oven to broil on high
- In a small bowl whisk together your water and JOI Cashew base until it is thick and creamy.
- Stir in your pesto and whisk until combined
- Spread over your flatbread.
- Top with chopped kale, white beans, and a sprinkle of salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes.
- Broil for 4-5 minutes until the kale starts to crisp up and the edges of your crust are golden brown.