Vegan Pumpkin Pie Chia Pudding is the Perfect Sweet Treat for Breakfast, Dessert, or Any Time In Between
Do you ever find yourself wanting dessert for breakfast? Or, breakfast for dessert? Yeah, we’ve been there too. So, step away from the box of sugary kids’ cereal, because we’ve got a better alternative. No matter what time of day it is or what meal you’re technically supposed to be eating, our Pumpkin Chia Pudding satisfies that unique craving for something a little indulgent, a little comforting, and just-sweet-enough.
Our Pumpkin Pie Chia Pudding combines classic pumpkin pie flavors with pureed pumpkin (or sweet potato) and JOI almond or cashew nutbase to create a creamy-but-good-for-you pudding. Here’s the kicker—we’ve replaced standard ground cinnamon with Burlap & Barrel Cinnamon Verum. Trust us, this stuff is life changing. Top it all off with toasted pecans or shredded coconut (or both) and you’ve got the perfect healthy-ish vegan treat for 7am, 10pm, or any time in between.
Makes 2-4 servings
1 cup water
2 TB date syrup
½ tsp vanilla
½ tsp Burlap & Barrel Cinnamon Verum
¼ tsp nutmeg
1/8 tsp ginger powder
1/8 tsp clove
1/8 tsp allspice
1/8 tsp salt
½ cup pumpkin puree (or substitute sweet potato puree)
¼ cup chia seeds
Toasted pumpkin seeds, toasted pecans, or shredded coconut for topping (optional)
How It’s Made:
- Add water, followed by JOI nutbase, date syrup, vanilla, Cinnamon Verum, nutmeg, ginger powder, clove, allspice, salt, and pumpkin or sweet potato puree to a blender and blend for 30 seconds.
- Taste and adjust seasonings, including sweetness; additional date syrup may be desired.
- Pour mixture into a container (glass mason jars work great) and stir in chia seeds.
- Stir immediately to break up any clumps. Continue to stir every 5 minutes for 15-20 minutes, and then refrigerate.
- Allow to set in the refrigerator for 2+ hours or overnight.
- Top with toasted pumpkin seeds, toasted pecans, and shredded coconut as desired and enJOI!
There are lots of ways to make chia pudding. If this recipe has you hooked, try our Pomegranate-Raspberry Chia Pudding variation!