Vegan White Queso Nachos
Feb 1, 2021| By JOI team
Vegan White Queso Nachos
Almond-Base | Appetizer | Cashew-Base | Creamer-Base | Dairy-Free | Keto | Nachos | Oat-Powder | Queso | Recipe | Sugar-Free | Vegan | Vegetarian |
Taco Tuesday just got a complete JOI makeover! The best part of any nacho platter is the creamy, melty queso all over them, right? Now you can enjoy white queso that is dairy-free and amazingly delicious.
JOI plant base makes the best dairy-free queso because it does the hard work of soaking and smoothly blending cashews for you! It’s the perfect base to build this dip. Simply add in classic queso ingredients such as garlic, onion, jalapeno, cumin, and some nutritional yeast to really pack that “cheesy” flavor in there.
It’s blended together and warmed through in a saucepan so you can perfectly pour it all over some loaded nachos. Nacho chips and sliced mini bell peppers are perfect vessels to dip and enjoy this white queso with. Top with fresh cilantro, shredded purple cabbage for some crunch and enjoy!
We Have Forever Changed Your Snacking Game With This Vegan White Queso Nachos
1 Large Plate
½ Cup JOI cashew plant base
- ½ bell pepper, diced
- ¼ cup pickled jalapenos
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 TBSP garlic powder
- 1 TBSP cumin powder
- 1 Cup prepared JOI cashew milk
- 1 tsp salt
- ¼ Cup nutritional yeast
- Juice of 1 lime
- 2 TBSP white vinegar
- ¼ Cup chopped cilantro (divided)
- Your choice of tortilla chips
- ½ Cup shredded purple cabbage
- 1 ½ Cup halved mini peppers
In a food processor combine JOI cashew nut base, bell pepper, pickled jalapenos, green onions, garlic, garlic powder, cumin, salt, nutritional yeast, lime juice, white vinegar and half of the cilantro.
- Pulse until everything begins to become combined (about 10 pulses).
- Slowly pour in the cashew milk while the processor is running until the mixture becomes creamy and smooth. Blend for about 30 seconds.
- You can serve it just like this or in a small saucepan heat the queso all the way through (the edges may become a little darker when warming, it will still taste great), just stir to combine everything again.
- On a large plate spread out an even layer of chips, halved mini peppers and the shredded purple cabbage.
- Pour the queso all over the nachos and garnish with the remaining cilantro and extra jalapeno if you desire.
5 Tips To Make Comfort Dishes More Nutritious
It’s easy to get carried away in the kitchen after digging into grandma’s old recipe book, especially during the holiday season. However, although we believe food is pleasure, we also believe food is nourishment. So, why can’t we enjoy the meals you love, while nourishing your body with good-for-you foods that make you feel great?
Feeling Blue? Try Adding These 5 Mood-Boosting Foods To Your Diet
If you’re feeling blue, you may want to try switching up your diet. The foods we eat play a significant role in how we feel, which gives us another reason to prioritize a healthy, nutritious diet for both mental and physical health. A registered dietitian explains the relationship between food and mood.
Flexible, Waste-Minimizing Home-Delivery from JOI: The 21st Century Milkman
Fresh, sustainable, and cost-effective, here’s four reasons why you should take a cue from yester-years, ditch the grocery store, and make the switch to home delivery from JOI for your nut milk needs.
21 Healthy Back to School Recipes Kids Will Love
Collectively, we here at Team JOI have 10 kids ranging from age 0 to 15. These are some of our favorite dishes we'll be making as our kids get Back to School. From breakfast to dessert and snacks in between, there is something for everyone in your house.