Cacao Nut Energy Balls
It's no secret JOI also doubles as the secret ingredient in one of the most delicious pick-me-up snacks for you uber-busy, on-the-go schedule. From our kitchen to yours.
Inspired by @bonappetitmag
What's in them:
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 3 Tbsp cacao nibs
- 6 1/2 oz ditted dates
- 1/2 cup (128g) JOI
- 3 Tbsp ground chia, flax or hemp
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 4 Tbsp almond meal
- 6 Tbsp unsweetened shredded coconut
How to make them:
- Process dates, JOI and coconut oil in a food processor until mixture comes together (it will be crumbly)
- Add sees, salt and cinnamon; pulse to incorporate
- Add almond flour, cacao nibs and shredded coconut and pulse to combine
- Chill until firm, about an hour
- Scoop mixture and roll into small balls (we used a 1 Tbsp scooper), and place on a tray lined with parchment paper.
- Keep refrigerated and enJOI!
Try topping your energy bites with 2 Tbsp of 85% bittersweet chocolate chips and 1 tsp of coconut oil or butter melted together and sprinkling with hemp, chia or pumpkin seeds!