Cacao Nut Energy Balls
Jun 6, 2019| By JOI team
Cacao Nut Energy Balls
Almond-Base | Cashew-Base | Creamer-Base | Dairy-Free | Keto | Oat-Powder | Recipe | Sugar-Free | Vegan | Vegetarian |
It's no secret JOI also doubles as the secret ingredient in one of the most delicious pick-me-up snacks for you uber-busy, on-the-go schedule. From our kitchen to yours.
Inspired by @bonappetitmag
What's in them:
- 1 Tablespoon coconut oil, melted
- 3 Tablespoons cacao nibs
- 1 teaspoon cocoa powder
- 6 1/2 ounces pitted dates
- 1/2 cup (128g) JOI cashew, almond or creamer base
- 3 Tablespoons ground chia, flax or hemp seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 4 Tablespoons almond meal
- 6 Tablespoons unsweetened shredded coconut
How to make them:
- Process dates, JOI and coconut oil in a food processor until mixture comes together (it will be crumbly)
- Add seeds, cocoa powder, salt and cinnamon; pulse to incorporate
- Add almond flour, cacao nibs and shredded coconut and pulse to combine
- Chill until firm, about an hour
- Scoop mixture and roll into small balls (we used a 1 Tablespoon scooper), and place on a tray lined with parchment paper.
- Keep refrigerated and enJOI!
Try topping your energy bites with 2 Tablespoons of 85% bittersweet chocolate chips and 1 teaspoon of coconut oil or butter melted together and sprinkling with hemp, chia or pumpkin seeds!
Cracking The Science Behind Nuts
Nuts are tiny, nutrient-dense foods filled with good stuff. They make great additions to a healthy diet due to providing essential macro and micronutrients and being able to protect us from disease.
Redefining the JOI Brand: New Logo, New Colors, More Joy
Know what we at JOI love almost as much as clea...
JOI’s New Glass Containers: A More Sustainable, Reusable, Natural and Clean Packaging Alternative
From day one, sustainability has been a grounding value at JOI. However, we’ve also been realistic that our goals weren’t going to happen overnight. We’ve made improvements as it makes sense for our business and the customer experience we can provide, like launching Organic Oat Milk Powder in industry-leading fully compostable bags. Now, we’re super excited to transition to packaging that is just as natural and clean as our products. That means making the switch to glass jars for our conventional and organic almond, cashew, and hazelnut plant bases! Learn all about "why" in this blog.
Why Compostable Packaging for JOI Oat Milk Powder?
We’re all trying to make the small changes to be more eco-friendly. For us at JOI, those changes start with our packaging. This reality is something that’s been nagging at our team since JOI was founded. From the beginning, we’ve designed our plant base products to minimize environmental impact. This means we’re rolling out something we are pretty proud of—our new Organic Oat Milk Powder is hitting shelves as the first ever dairy alternative in fully compostable packaging. And no, we have no shame about making that humble brag.