Cacao Nut Energy Balls
Jun 6, 2019| By JOI team
Cacao Nut Energy Balls
Almond-Base | Cashew-Base | Creamer-Base | Dairy-Free | Keto | Oat-Powder | Recipe | Sugar-Free | Vegan | Vegetarian |
It's no secret JOI also doubles as the secret ingredient in one of the most delicious pick-me-up snacks for you uber-busy, on-the-go schedule. From our kitchen to yours.
Inspired by @bonappetitmag
What's in them:
- 1 Tablespoon coconut oil, melted
- 3 Tablespoons cacao nibs
- 1 teaspoon cocoa powder
- 6 1/2 ounces pitted dates
- 1/2 cup (128g) JOI cashew, almond or creamer base
- 3 Tablespoons ground chia, flax or hemp seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 4 Tablespoons almond meal
- 6 Tablespoons unsweetened shredded coconut
How to make them:
- Process dates, JOI and coconut oil in a food processor until mixture comes together (it will be crumbly)
- Add seeds, cocoa powder, salt and cinnamon; pulse to incorporate
- Add almond flour, cacao nibs and shredded coconut and pulse to combine
- Chill until firm, about an hour
- Scoop mixture and roll into small balls (we used a 1 Tablespoon scooper), and place on a tray lined with parchment paper.
- Keep refrigerated and enJOI!
Try topping your energy bites with 2 Tablespoons of 85% bittersweet chocolate chips and 1 teaspoon of coconut oil or butter melted together and sprinkling with hemp, chia or pumpkin seeds!
A Dietitian’s Guide To Eating More Sustainably
Are you trying to do better for the planet? Lea...
Healthy Eating For Busy People: 10 Tips To Eat Well With Little Time
Are you struggling to eat well because of your busy schedule? There’s a big misconception that healthy eating requires a lot of time and work, but this is far from the truth. JOI’s in-house registered dietitian has 10 tips to help you eat a healthy diet with little time.
4 Things That Set JOI Nutbase Apart from Nut Butters—And Make for a Better Nut Milk
Let’s take a look at four things that set JOI nutbases apart from nut butters—and why JOI is better to make, better to drink, and better for you.
Comparing Almond Milk: JOI Almond Nutbase Vs. Grocery Store Brands
You’ve decided to make the switch to plant milk. Whether better health is the goal, the traditional stuff doesn’t really get along with your body, or you just like the taste, it probably hasn’t taken you long to figure out you’ve got a lot more decisions ahead of you to find your plant milk. JOI is here to make that decision a bit easier for you.