The Cashew Colada (a.k.a. Your New Favorite Summer Drink)
Recipe created and written by Sara Ayesh of White Kitchen Red Wine
The Summer season just officially started and what better way to celebrate than with a sweet, cool, Piña Colada?! One of the most loved summer cocktails, this sweet pineapple & coconut flavored blended drink is getting a JOI upgrade! By swapping out the coconut milk or cream we are going to use the cashew base to thicken up this creamy, dreamy drink!
So even though we’re using the cashew base to give the colada its signature creamy texture, you can’t have a piña colada without a little coconut. So for that tropical coconut flavor we’ll use coconut rum! For sweetness we’re using agave nectar, of course some fresh pineapple juice, and a maraschino cherry on top. A splash of orange juice balances out all the sweetness for the perfect piña colada finish!
Blending this baby up could not be any easier, put all ingredients in the blender and give it a whirl. You will be pleasantly surprised by how creamy and luscious this colada is with just a few simple, whole ingredients! Looking for a delicious mocktail? Leave out the coconut rum and enjoy!
- 3 oz coconut rum
- 2 tablespoons JOI Cashew Base
- 1 cups pineapple juice
- 1 cup orange juice
- 2 cups ice (more or less depending on how thick you want it!)
- 2 tablespoons agave nectar (adjust this to your liking, if you like it really sweet add more!)
- Squeeze of lime
- Maraschino cherries for garnish
- Add everything except the cherries to a high speed blender
- Blend until silky smooth!
- Serve with lime zest and a maraschino cherry on top! Enjoy!