Move Over Eggnog, There's A New Holiday Drink In Town: Meet The Dirty Chai Martini
What’s better than a spiced dirty chai tea? A dirty chai tea martini of course! Spiced chai tea mixed with espresso shots and a little vodka creates a perfectly balanced cocktail with a little pick me up.
By steeping the chai tea in milk made with JOI you create a thick and creamy base for this cocktail. Using a sweetener of your choice (coconut sugar, honey, or agave) sweeten this strong chai tea to prep it for our cocktail.
Two shots of espresso are the perfect bitter element to this drink that helps to tone down the vodka and sweetness of the chai. Garnished with a cinnamon stick and star anise, your guests will be so impressed!
- 2 ½ cups of milk made with JOI Plant Base (Cashew or Almond)**
- 2-3 chai tea bags
- 2 Ttbsp agave nectar
- 2 oz vodka
- 4 oz brewed espresso
- Star anise and cinnamon sticks for garnish.
How It’s Made:
- In a saucepan warmheat up the JOI milk over low heat, and once warmed through, steep the tea bags in the panit for 4-5 minutes.
- Whisk into the milky tea your sweetener of your choice;, weI used agave.
- Brew your espresso shots.
- Into each of 2 martini glasses pour half of the chai tea in each, then add 2 shots of espresso to each, then and 1 oz vodka to each glass.
- Stir and garnish with the star anise and cinnamon stick.
**To make JOI milk, follow the instructions on the package. For this recipe, we recommend blending 4 Tablespoons of JOI with 2 ½ cups of water and a pinch of salt.