Grilled Peaches with Cashew Vanilla Drizzle
Recipe created and written by Sara Ayesh of White Kitchen Red Wine
During each season it’s fun to look forward to the produce it brings. Summer is perfect for peaches and perfect for grilling. So let’s have a little fun and combine the two! Grilled peaches are the simplest dessert you never knew you needed. Add a bit of cashew vanilla drizzle and people will be begging you to make this over and over again.
Grilling peaches couldn’t be easier. It’s as simple as preheating your grill to 350 and slicing some peaches in half. The natural sugars caramelize and give the beautiful grill marks and your whole backyard will smell like warm peach cobbler.
Peaches and cream are an obvious route to go with the warm, grilled peaches! The slight nuttiness of the cashew base whipped up with a little powdered sugar and vanilla is going to be your new go-to frosting! Lightly drizzled over the peaches it’s a match made in heaven. It’s such a nostalgic combination, but made lighter and dairy free using JOI!
- 1 lb fresh peaches, halved and pitted
- 1 tablespoon JOI Cashew Base
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1-2 cups of powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Fresh mint
- Granola or a crushed up ice cream cone (optional)
- Preheat your grill to 350 degrees.
- Place your sliced peaches skin side up and let cook for about 5 minutes. Once you start to smell the warm peaches in the air, they are done!
- In a small mixing bowl whisk together the Cashew JOI and 1 tablespoon of water until mostly combined
- Whisk in powdered sugar until thick and creamy.
- Add vanilla and combine.
- Drizzle the Cashew Vanilla Cream over the peaches
- Garnish with fresh mint and crushed ice cream cone or granola for some crunch!