Warm Fall Farro Salad with Cashew & Cracked Pepper Dressing
High in fiber, protein, and flavor, farro is one of the unsung heroes of the whole grain world! This warm farro salad has all the fall veggies you love, topped with a drizzle of creamy cracked pepper dressing.
Roasting veggies this time of year is the perfect way to meal prep for the week! They can stand alone or be placed on top of a warm salad like this one to keep you satisfied all winter long! The great thing about roasted veggies, like squash, is that they last a few days in the fridge and are just as good when warmed back up
Farro is an easy-to-cook grain that has a nutty flavor and compliments the veggies quite nicely. Top it off with a creamy dressing that is whisked with JOI, cracked black pepper, vinegar, and a pinch of salt. It’s the perfect way to top this salad and save the leftovers it in the fridge for your next salad!
Yield: 6 servings
1 ½ cups cooked farro
1 delicata squash or acorn squash, sliced into rings
1 ½ cups Brussels sprouts, cut in half
¼ cup pistachios
¼ cup dried cranberries
1 tbsp of olive oil
2 tbsp water
2 tbsp JOI Cashew base
2 tsp cracked black pepper
1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
Pinch of salt
How It’s Made:
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Cook farro according to package directions. Don’t forget to generously season the water with salt. It adds a lot of flavor!
- On a sheet tray, arrange the sliced squash and brussel sprouts. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper; toss to combine. Roast at 400 degrees for 20 minutes or until edges begin to crisp up. Remove from oven.
- In a small bowl whisk together the water, JOI, vinegar, black pepper, and a pinch of salt to make the dressing.
- In a bowl toss together the cooked farro, pistachios, dried cranberries and set aside until the veggies are done roasting.
- When the squash and brussel sprouts are done, finely slice the brussel sprouts cross-wise to create “shavings” and dice the squash slices for easy eating.
- Top the farro mixture with the veggies and drizzle the dressing on top. Enjoy!