Vegan & Dairy Free Chocolate Mousse
Recipe created and written by Sara Ayesh of White Kitchen Red Wine
Calling all chocolate lovers! Need a way to indulge that sweet tooth but still stay cool this summer? How about this chilled Chocolate Mousse Shooter with Berries! It’s a 3-bite dessert that is guilt free AND dairy free. It’s so thick and creamy it’ll satisfy any chocolate lover.
Made with JOI Almond base, the creamy base helps bind this dessert together. In a small blender cup or a mixing bowl with a hand mixer these few ingredients just take 1 minute of mixing to transform before your eyes. Would you even believe that these aren’t just dairy free..they are HEALTHY!
Avocado, cocoa powder, agave syrup or honey, JOI Almond Base and a little water blend wonderfully into this smooth and rich treat. You can eat it right out of the blender cup, but may we suggest giving it a chill? Chill it down in the refrigerator then top with fresh berries for a sweet summer treat.
Serve these up in shot glasses for an elegant dessert for guests or dig into a big bowl of it all for yourself!
- 1 avocado
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- Pinch of salt
- 2 tablespoons of water (may need to add more to adjust the thickness to your liking)
- ¼ cup agave syrup or honey
- 2 tablespoons JOI Almond Base
- Fresh strawberries, raspberries, and blueberries for topping
- In a blender cup or a mixing bowl with a hand mixer, combine all ingredients except berries until thoroughly mixed. About 1 minute.
- Chill for 30 minutes before serving, serve in shot glasses or 2 small bowls. Top with fresh berries and enjoy!
Need more inspiration for summer treats? Check out all of desserts to maximize your summer!