Healthy & Delicious Avocado Fries with Cashew Aioli
Recipe created and written by Sara Ayesh of White Kitchen Red Wine
Arguably one of the greatest side dishes of all time: french fries. Especially at a restaurant when they bring an assortment of dipping sauces with your large plate of fries. It’s not always easy to achieve that delicious taste at home. We have a solution! These panko crusted avocado fries are dipped in a tangy, dairy-free cashew “aioli.”
Get ready to wow your friends and family (and yourself!) with these easy “fries” and dipping sauce. JOI Cashew base makes a great stand in for the mayo in aioli. It’s thick and creamy with a mild buttery taste. Mixed with a bit of garlic and tangy mustard, you’ve got yourself a dairy free dipping sauce you’ll want to put on everything!
Paired with this sauce are some deceptively easy avocado fries. These can be made easily in an air fryer or convection oven. Lightly breaded with panko and flour, they crisp up beautifully and are too easy to eat dipped in our delicious cashew aioli.
1 cup panko
¼ cup flour
1 tsp salt
1 tablespoon garlic powder
2 eggs, whisked (or egg substitute)
2 tablespoons cashew base
2 cloves garlic
2 tsp yellow mustard
How To Make It:
- Grab two shallow dishes and pour the whisked eggs into one of the dishes and in the other combine the flour, panko, and salt.
- To prep the avocados, cut them in half lengthwise and remove the pit. Carefully with a spoon, scoop out each half of both avocados.
- Slice the avocados lengthwise into quarter inch thick “fries”
- Drop each slice into the flour mix, then the egg, & back into the flour until it’s completely coated. Then give them a spray with olive oil or cooking spray.
- If you are airfrying, place all fries into the tray and fry at 400 for 10 minutes
- To bake them, use the convection bake setting and preheat the oven to 400. Place on a baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes. Flipping them halfway through the cooking process.
- Once the avocado fries are baked, toss them in the garlic powder.
- To make the dipping sauce, combine cashew base, garlic, mustard, warm water and salt in a blender cup. Blend on high for 1 minute until combined.
- Enjoy the fries with your cashew aioli!
[[ recipeID=recipe-9kk48tn1i, title=Healthy & Delicious Avocado Fries with Cashew Aioli ]]