Curry Mustard Dressing
Apr 13, 2020| By JOI team
Curry Mustard Dressing
Almond-Base | Cashew-Base | Dairy-Free | Dinner | Dressing+Dip | Gluten-free | Keto | Lunch | Oat-Powder | Recipe | salad | Sugar-Free | Vegan | Vegetarian |
Our Curry Mustard Dressing (a/k/a "Sunshine Dressing") is fresh, flavorful, and just the right blend of savory and sweet.
This recipe was originally published in the midst of the COVID lockdown. We've retained segments of that blog:
We’re all doing our part to keep one another safe in the midst of COVID-19, which means patio season 2020 has a decidedly more hang-out-in-the-backyard vibe than years’ past. Lots of us are taking the extra time at home to hone our healthy cooking skills in between take-out meals from our favorite local spots. As spring truly arrives, we’ve got the perfect accompaniment to your next al fresco meal—Sunshine Dressing made with JOI cashew nutbase and our favorite Burlap & Barrel New Harvest Tumeric.
Staying home isn’t bad, right?
How do I use this recipe?
Even during "regular times" this dressing is sure to brighten up your day. Here's some ways to use it all up!
- Drizzle on top of a hearty entrée salad filled with nuts and seeds,
- Use it as ‘glue’ for a hearty roasted veggie sandwich,
- Dip with grillables of your choice (we suggest portabella caps, eggplant steaks, or for you meat eaters, chicken breasts).
What’s In The Curried Sunshine Dressing?
This recipe list is long but simple - you probably already have all of the ingredients! And taking the few minutes to gather the items on the list is worth it. This dressing has layers of delicious flavor.
- JOI plant base (cashew or almond)
- New Harvest Turmeric (we love Burlap & Barrel)
- Curry powder
- Dijon mustard (or substitute any mustard you have)
- Garlic (one clove, or powdered)
- Apple cider vinegar (or substitute your vinegar of choice)
- A carrot
- Neutral oil, such as grapeseed
- Honey (or maple syrup, agave, date syrup or a date)
- Salt, pepper, water
- Optional: red pepper flakes, fish sauce (or soy sauce) **Optional
How It’s Made:
This recipe couldn't be easier! Just throw everything in the blender, whiz it up adding water to reach your ideal consistency, and adjusting seasonings to taste. You're done!
What are other Dips Made with JOI?
Want to stock your fridge with more enJOIable dips? Give our Creamy Vegan Ranch Dressing a try! How about Baba Ganoush? Or our Vegan Buffalo Dip or our amazing Queso? Don't forget the not-Guac Avocado dip and the Aioli!
The possibilities are endless. When I dip, you dip, we dip!
Curry Mustard Dressing
Tablespoons 2 ½ JOI cashew or almond concentrate
- ½ teaspoons Burlap & Barrel New Harvest Turmeric
- ½ teaspoon curry powder
- ½ Tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 Tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 carrot, cut in chunks
- ½ cup neutral oil, such as grapeseed
- 1 teaspoon honey, maple syrup, agave or date syrup (or more to taste)
- 1 teaspoon fine sea salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Pinch red pepper flakes (or more to taste) **Optional
- ½ teaspoon fish sauce (use vegan if you prefer; or soy sauce) **Optional
- 2 Tablespoons water (or more to thin)
Place all ingredients other than oil and water into blender bowl.
- Start to blend or mix, slowly pouring in oil.
- Continue to blend. Adjust seasoning to taste and add water until dressing is smooth and reaches desired consistency.
A Coffee Creamer Without Compromise & Better for Your Gut
One registered dietitian explains why JOI's oat milk creamer, made with purposeful ingredients, is better for your gut health than the processed coffee whiteners, made with ingredients that sabotage your health."JOI Oat Creamer harnesses the concept of a creamy and dreamy healthy synergy of rockstar ingredients designed to delight your belly and brain with a lightly sweetened symphony of potent oats, avocado oil, MCT oil, fruit and vegetable fibers and calcium to stack your days (and nights) with health and vibrancy."
Healthy Eating For Busy People: 10 Tips To Eat Well With Little Time
Are you struggling to eat well because of your busy schedule? There’s a big misconception that healthy eating requires a lot of time and work, but this is far from the truth. JOI’s in-house registered dietitian has 10 tips to help you eat a healthy diet with little time.
Is Hemp Milk a Healthy Plant-Based Milk Alternative?
JOI has launched a new plant-based milk alternative for your enjoyment and your heart health. Meet JOI hemp concentrate; made of 100% hemp hearts. Read on to see why hemp is a dietitian-approved milk alternative, and how you can incorporate it into your own healthy routine!
JOI's Instant Oat Milk Powder Now in PCR Packaging
We’re all trying to make small changes to be m...